Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Trying Not to Laugh

I try not to be cynical about our government, more specifically our elected government officials. But I just can't resist this.

President Obama has just made good on his campaign promise to cut $100 million of government spending. On the surface this may sound good but... (Bet you knew there'd be a 'but', didn't you?) Check out this video to see some of the areas where they've decided they can sacrifice.


And that $100 million? It amounts to only .006% of the estimated federal deficit. That what we country folk call "closing the barn door after the horse is out." Here's the Wall Street Journal for the full story. But try not to laugh.

1 comment:

Henwhisperer said...

Laugh isn't the word I'd use. You are much to generous. I'd say Hurl, try not to HURL! In my neck of the woods, a blue state and I am surrounded by them, they just love the new and great plans of this administration.