Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Ready for Summer!


Well, Groundhog Day has come and gone. I don't know about other areas of the country but here in the Great North Woods it was bright and sunny. Figures! But whatever Punxsutawney Phil predicts about 6 more weeks of winter, I have my own opinion. I'm just ready for summer, or spring anyway.

And can you believe Phil, that famous (or infamous) marmot, has his own fan club? http://www.groundhog.org/ He's not only more famous than most of us, but he gets better press coverage as well. According to the experts, he's only right 50% of the time - about the same as any other weatherman. So here's hoping he's wrong and spring starts NOW!

3 comments:

The Three Little Bears said...

I definitely think he's wrong this year. We have an abundance of birds in our yards and the "white dove" returned already (it's actually a white pigeon, but we like to call it a dove - lol). Also, our blueberry bushes and many of our trees have buds. How can Spring NOT be around the corner!

Tonia said...

I am so ready for spring!!! I am ready for all animals to be in their proper places.. You kno was in the barn and pasture NOT my living room!! I have had up to 6 bottle babies in the house and we lost one and one went back to momma. LAst year I had NO bottle babies but this year I have more animals under my care so I guess that upped my ratio.. Some of my friends think I am crazy, others think its neat and others still just dont get it!! LOL I have a few who understand me though....

Andrea said...

Well I'm hoping the weathermen got it right....this weekend temps in the 40s. Woot! It will certainly feel like spring after being zero. A~