Thursday, August 16, 2012

Skunked

"I STINK!"
In the wee hours of this morning I was awakened by the distinct odor of Pepe Le Pew who obviously decided our broiler chickens were worth braving barking dogs. The tally for the night went thus: 2 dogs (1 Great Pyrenees, 1 English Shepherd) skunked, all chickens safe, yard very stinky as they apparently had their standoff right outside my back door. Remi, the Pyr, got the worst of it, as I think she got a direct hit right on her chest. Of course, I couldn't find my big bottle of Nature's Miracle Skunk Deodorizer that I've had on hand for years in anticipation of just this scenario. So I had to wait for the feed store to open, and by that time I had 2 clients this morning so everything had to wait till a bit later. Meanwhile I put the dogs in a fenced area by themselves so the smell would be somewhat contained. I got the English Shepherd pretty de-smelled, but I think the Great Pyrenees is going to need professional help. Waiting for a call back from the dog groomer and praying she has an opening soon.
Please leave a comment below. I love hearing from you.

1 comment:

Tombstone Livestock said...

Oh so not a pleasant smell, I have had a skunk here recently, could not figure out the smell, dogs did not smell like they had been sprayed, but just stunk. I think what they were doing was going out and rolling in the dirt/grass where the skunk had sprayed. LOL Good luck, hope the groomer takes care of the Pyr for you.