Thursday, August 18, 2011

Pin The Name On The Donkey

DH has always wanted a mini donkey and I just found a baby, pictured in front, that doesn't cost an arm, leg, and 2nd mortgage. Most of the ones I've seen are as much or more than a full-sized horse! As a baby he'll get used to the LGDs as part of his herd and, hopefully, accept them when he's grown. After all, I don't want the donkey to stomp the dogs, or the goats, or the chickens! When he gets a little bigger he'll actually be pastured with the horse as a companion. We're looking for name suggestions. He'll look very much like his mama when he grows up. DH suggested Barack, but I don't want to insult the little guy's intelligence. (I apologize to my liberal friends, but I just couldn't resist.)
Please leave a comment below. I love hearing from you.

2 comments:

Delirious said...

I always like names that end in a Y, like Bucky, Buddy, Spanky, Lucky, ....etc.... lol Our cat's name is Eddie. :) A Spanish name would be good too. Rico, Pepe, Hombre... lol

Tombstone Livestock said...

So Cute! I have older one named Fonzie, donkeys are lots of fun and comical. I do like the suggestion of a Spanish name, I would vote for Pepe. Enjoy.