Saturday, July 3, 2010

You Might Be A Redneck If......

Now where's my camera when I need it?!!! Obviously not with me, or you would have been able to see this for yourself. I was in town today to do some errands and happened to drive down the street where all the parade floats awaited the start of the 4th of July parade. There were the usual patriotic floats, the fire department engines, the school king and queen, the high school band, and the local boy scout troop. All the usual floats and groups you'd expect. But the float that really caught my eye, and I have no idea what company or organization it represented, had some folks dressed in denim coveralls, a few guys with guitars and an outhouse on the back. It had only the lower 1/2 of the walls and inside, I swear I'm not making this up, was a guy sitting there reading what looked like an old Sears catalog! I can only hope he wasn't going to throw Tootsie Rolls at the crowd! Yup, you might be a redneck if you ride in the outhouse of a parade float, no matter that it's in northern NH.

Please leave a comment below. I love hearing from you.

1 comment:

Beth said...

That's awesome!