Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A Pig Happy Family

Now that the piglets are getting bigger mama Chloe has let daddy Larry back into the family. All were snuggled together in their rain shelter for an afternoon siesta. Just after I took this picture one of the piglets squealed and Chloe jumped to her feet, sniffing all around. I think she was counting them because she put her nose under Larry's behind and shoved him over about 2' to see if one was stuck under him. Being a typical guy, he didn't even wake up. Then she saw one sleeping over by the edge of the tent and settled down to nurse.

I have to admit that piglets are cuter than cute. Pigs have always been DH's favorite farm animal, and my least favorite. But they've put their cuteness spell on me and I have to confess I'm actually starting to like them. But don't tell DH. (Honey, when you read this you will go into a d-e-e-p trance, completely relaxed, able to empty your mind of all thoughts, deeper and deeper into relaxation. You will not remember that I said I'm starting to like the pigs. When I count to 3 you will be wide awake, feeling relaxed, feeling refreshed, but will not remember any of this post. 1 - 2 - 3 - wide awake now.)

Please leave a comment below. I love hearing from you.

1 comment:

Periwinkle Farm said...

aaawwww they are sooooooo cute! I just want to grab them all and cuddle with them : )