Monday, April 6, 2009

Need More Ear Tags!

On March 24th I wrote about being thankful for ear tags on the lambs so I could tell them apart. This past weekend one of our grandsons visited and, as I'm sure all parents/grandparents have done, I couldn't think of his name when I wanted to get his attention. I went down the list of several names before I finally said "Oh, whoever you are, come here!" My husband commented that we should put ear tags on the grandkids. Now before you poo-poo the idea, just think: Never again would I be confused as to who I'm talking to. Never again would I have to run down the list of names until I finally get it right, or give up in frustration. And never again would I forget which one is which in the case of twins. Of course, outfitting them with ear tags wouldn't be practical. But.... we could issue name tags when they walk through the door. That way if I have a senior moment I could just read their names off the tags pinned to their shirts. Now where did I put my glasses so I can see the tag?

4 comments:

Our Farm said...

Tags wouldn't do any good. I'd still forget.

Shelley said...

maybe we could number them - you're kid #1, you're kid #2~! LOL!

Anonymous said...

My Mother would call us by numbers, mostly when she was upset and or frustrated, and there are 6 siblings.
It really didn't help her much, hey you ,the one I'm looking at worked the best....LOL
thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting
I enjoy your blog as well...
Blessings

Andrea said...

Maybe colorful necklaces with their name on it, you could make a fun project out of it. I sometimes call my adult son my brother's name because they look a lot alike.