Thursday, July 23, 2009

WAR!

BATTLE CHECKLIST:

Battle suit - check (Honey, does this outfit make me look fat?)

Weapons - check

Secure all civilian personnel safely away from battlefield - check

Communicate to all other military personnel as to their duty status, positions and backup procedure should their assistance be needed - check
Locate enemy stronghold - check

Locate exact location of enemy headquarters - check

Report - Mission accomplished. Enemy has been eliminated.

There were actually 2 separate nests in 2 different shelters. And I have to admit that I took the picture of the nest AFTER I had killed the hornets. Ok, call me chicken. Even though I was all geared up in the bug suit I wasn't going to stick my head in there to take a picture while they were still alive. I waited long after the buzzing stopped. But I am getting better - at least I remembered the camera!

7 comments:

Shellmo said...

Lol - that definitely looks like war over there! I'd be a chicken too - I would've taken the photograph as soon as I knew I had the enemy "under control"!

An English Shepherd said...

Hornets sound nasty :-)

Wizz

Andrea said...

NICE!!! I mean the outfit of course.
I've been thinking of getting my gear out so I don't go crazy swatting all these Mosquitoes. Yikes!@$#$*#@ Now who's the chicken?

~Tonia said...

I sure wouldnt have stuck my head in there before they were all dead!!! Yikes those things scare me! Great post by the way!!

All Things Frugal For You And Me said...

Check
on the camera:) now that's some good bloggin!

Cheryl said...

Thank goodness for the guards! (so cute..) I don't blame you, hornets are nasty! Good job!

Maggie Mae Farm said...

Too funny... those lil' suckers will build anywhere! I'm sure the "civilains" appretiate your bravery!