Friday, August 20, 2010

Sheep Withdrawal

It's been a bit of a rough week. I've been a little tired and stressed, with an underlying, low-level headache just behind the eyes. You know the kind - not really bad, but bad enough that you're aware of it and just enough to make you edgy and irritable. I went into the feed store today and the owner, Doug, addressed me with the usual greeting, "Hi there. How're you doing today?" I commented that I'd been out of sorts all week. He replied, "See, I knew you'd miss those sheep. I've heard about 'sheep withdrawal' but I've never actually seen a case of it. I'll bet this is it!" Somehow the laughter instantly made my headache go away. Today I'm grateful for good natured store owners with a sense of humor.
Please leave a comment below. I love hearing from you.

No comments: